This week I have chosen the song that I want to play on the piano. I had several ideas in mind for songs, and it was a tough choice, but finally, I have chosen to learn "Someone Like You" by Adele. I was a huge fan of this song when it was first released, and I listen to Adele's music religiously. I have always looked up to her as a musical artist, as I think that her songs are very emotionally touching. Before I started the actual learning process, I needed to get my hands on a piano or keyboard. My brother owned a keyboard when he was younger, so I remembered that my family owned one and that it was somewhere in our basement. Once I got the keyboard, I was ready to go. To kick start my learning, I did some research on the chords and finger positioning of the song, to ensure that I had all the basics before going into it. I found out that A C#m F#m D are the key notes in this song. With these notes, I started experimenting with where to place my fingers on the keyboard.
To help myself
out a bit, I looked up a few tutorials of the song on YouTube. It was here
where I found several "how to" channels and videos of individuals
teaching others how to play this Adele piece on the piano. This was great -
however, the individuals playing the piano made the song look much easier than
I suspected it was to play. This discouraged me to some extent, as I watched
them play effortlessly, knowing that I would struggle. I was also concerned
with the pace in which they were playing. I was worried that I wasn't going to
be able to keep up, thus being unable to learn the song.
Before my next
Genius Hour, I need to attempt to play along with the tutorial videos, or I
need to find a video that moves at a much slower pace than the ones I've
already found. If I can find a video for a beginner level, it might be easier
for me to follow along. The question I have now moving forward would be - where
do I look for beginner videos and will they be as easy to find? Is there a
channel that is specifically geared towards beginners? These are all questions
that I hope to have the answer for before next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment