What is Genius Hour? It allows students to do research on an
area or topic that is of interest to them – fueling their passions. That’s what
genus hour is all about – finding something that you are passionate about and
pursuing it. We see genius hour in schools being used by teachers, in order to
drive motivation and engagement. The whole point of genius hour is so that
children can be participating in research and exploration on something they
enjoy, which is why it is crucial that children pick topics that are
interesting to them. With no interest, there will be no success in the genius
hour.
Why is Genius Hour being used in our classroom? It is the
perfect way for us to research and pursue topics that we are passionate about.
It gives us the opportunity to engage with technology, exploring a variety of
methods that can be used. It also allows us to understand the importance of it,
so that going forward, we will be able to use genius hour in our classrooms and
with our students.
There were several areas that I was willing to research for
my genius hour, but I decided to research music – particularly the piano. I
will choose a song that I want to learn how to play, and take it from there.
My goal is to master this song, even if it isn't perfect. It
is relatively difficult to either read sheet music or memorize music from
scratch, but I am always up for a challenge! I'm always looking for new ways to
keep myself busy, whilst learning new things. I would say that my main goal of
this project is to learn something new. I plan to measure my success by often
checking in with myself to ensure that I am meeting all my required steps.
I am looking forward to using the various forms of technology that we have learned about during this course, and hopefully I am able to successfully implement them into my Genius Hour project. Stay tuned to my blog, to keep up with my learning process and all of my progress.
I am looking forward to using the various forms of technology that we have learned about during this course, and hopefully I am able to successfully implement them into my Genius Hour project. Stay tuned to my blog, to keep up with my learning process and all of my progress.
No comments:
Post a Comment