I have spent this past week learning how to play the song on
both hands. After reviewing the left hand, and the right hand, I began to mesh
the two simultaneously (and it’s a lot harder than it looks)! It took me some
time to get to a place where I felt comfortable learning both hands at the same
time, but once I got there, it felt great! I can play both hands at varying
comfortable paces including fast and slow. I can’t believe I learned a new
song, and it didn’t even take me the full 6 weeks as I was expecting either.
Learning a song on an instrument doesn’t take too long, as long as you have the
determination, passion and drive to do it.
I first practiced the beginning of the song, followed by the middle and finally the end. Each part became progressively more difficult, but with the basis of the previous parts, it was definitely doable. All three sections of the song flowed really nicely together. The beginning part of the song actually leads into the rest of the song.
My final task that I have assigned for myself for this genius hour project, is to record myself playing some of the song on piano, so that I am able to incorporate it into my TED talk. This incorporation will be proof that I have completed the song and am able to play it!
I first practiced the beginning of the song, followed by the middle and finally the end. Each part became progressively more difficult, but with the basis of the previous parts, it was definitely doable. All three sections of the song flowed really nicely together. The beginning part of the song actually leads into the rest of the song.
My final task that I have assigned for myself for this genius hour project, is to record myself playing some of the song on piano, so that I am able to incorporate it into my TED talk. This incorporation will be proof that I have completed the song and am able to play it!
No comments:
Post a Comment