Well...
I have come to the end of my Genius Hour project. The end of the 6 weeks is here, and it went by so quickly! When I originally started this project, I thought I had all the time in the world, and that the 6 weeks were going to go by so slowly.
Each week was filled with something new and exciting to learn. Although it wasn't always easy, and there were times when I was quite frustrated with the process and how long it was taking me to learn, it was rewarding nevertheless.
The research process was pretty easy, as the only complicated aspect was finding a YouTube tutorial to best suit my playing needs. Looking up the chords, hand placements, notes and pace were all relatively easy to find and manipulate. Putting the song together wasn't too difficult, once I had all the parts confirmed. Choosing a piano song for genius hour has actually inspired me to begin to play more songs on the piano. I have a desire to search many other tutorials on YouTube, and learn how to play them on my keyboard.
I think that Genius Hour is a great idea to implement in classrooms for any age or grade. It can even be used in university classes, as can be seen with our Genius Hour. Just from this six weeks, I learned so much about myself and what I am able to accomplish in a short timespan. I developed a new love of music and piano, as working so diligently on it gave me a whole new appreciation. I plan to use Genius Hour in my classroom, as it think it drives inquiry based learning and motivation.
HIGH FIVES FOR GENIUS HOUR!!!
Genius Hour With Miss Nash
Tuesday, 17 October 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Instructional Planning Pt. 2
EDBE 8Y01 Instructional Planning: Part Two NAME: Elizabeth Nash Grade: 3 Subject: Mathematics ...
-
This week I have chosen the song that I want to play on the piano. I had several ideas in mind for songs, and it was a tough choice, but fi...
-
What is Genius Hour? It allows students to do research on an area or topic that is of interest to them – fueling their passions. That’s...
-
In today’s highly technical society, it is exceptionally easy to grab information off of the internet, but crediting who has the right...
No comments:
Post a Comment